F2 Miss Silverwood/Mrs McCord
Welcome to Foundation 2
The staff working in the Foundation 2 unit are; Miss Silverwood and Mrs McCord (Class teachers), Miss Fisher, Mrs White, Mrs Tyas and Miss Francis (LSA) who will be working with us during our morning sessions. The children have been placed into two register groups; Miss Silverwood's Superstars and Mrs McCord's Clever Clogs. These register groups will be used for group work, reporting to parents at parent evenings, end of year reports and completing children's learning journeys. Please take a look at which group your child is in. The information will be displayed on the Foundation 2 notice board.
In Foundation 2, children will take part in daily phonics sessions. During the phonics sessions, children will learn the sounds and names of letters in the alphabet, then, the children will learn how to read and write simple words. We would appreciate any support you could give to your child regarding the learning of these letters at home. Children will also take part in math focused activities and literacy sessions to support their learning, however a lot of this learning will be done through play in the classroom environment with the support from Foundation 2 teachers.
This half term, our main topic that we will be focusing on is 'minibeasts'. The children will be finding out all about different minibeasts, which links in with our school trip to the Tropical Butterfly House in July. The children will be taking part in lots of minibeast activities, so please keep visiting our Class Dojo site to see all the lovely things we have been getting up to this half term.
Class Targets for this half term
- Our class target is to look after the classroom environment and become independent learners.
At home we would like your child to practise:
- Writing their first and surname.
- Forming letters and numbers correctly.
- Recognising numbers 0-10.
- Baking and food tasting activities are an important part of children's learning. Therefore, we would appreciate a weekly contribution of £1 towards the cost of these activities.
- The children will be taking part in lots of fun outdoor learning, please make sure that your child brings a coat to school everyday so they can participate in outdoor activities.
- Your child has been given a book bag labelled with their name. It is important that your child brings their book bag to school every day.
- Please make sure that your child's jumpers, cardigans and coats are name labelled to make sure they can be returned if misplaced.
- Please sign up to our class Dojo page for any important updates and class information.
6th of June - Children to start back at school after half term holiday.
5th of July - Tropical Butterfly House Trip.
20th of July - Break up for the summer holidays.