F2 Miss Silverwood/Mrs McCord
Welcome to Foundation 2
The staff working in the Foundation 2 unit are; Miss Silverwood and Mrs McCord (Class teachers), Miss Fisher, Mrs White, Mrs Tyas and Miss Francis (LSA) who will be working with us during our morning sessions. The children have been placed into two register groups; Miss Silverwood's Superstars and Mrs McCord's Clever Clogs. These register groups will be used for group work, reporting to parents at parent evenings, end of year reports and completing children's learning journeys. Please take a look at which group your child is in. The information will be displayed on the Foundation 2 notice board.
In Foundation 2, children will take part in daily phonics sessions. During the phonics sessions, children will learn the sounds and names of letters in the alphabet, then, the children will learn how to read and write simple words. We would appreciate any support you could give to your child regarding the learning of these letters at home. Children will also take part in math focused activities and literacy sessions to support their learning, however a lot of this learning will be done through play in the classroom environment with the support from Foundation 2 teachers.
Our topic to start off our new school term is 'All About Me!' The children will be talking about their likes and dislikes and finding out about what makes them special. We will be reading lots of stories linked to our new topic and also taking part in lots of fun activities. Please keep visiting the class page to find out about the fun activities we have been taking part in, in Foundation 2.
Class Targets for this half term
- Our class target is to look after the classroom environment and become independent learners.
- At home we would like your child to practise;
- Writing their first and surname.
- Forming letters and numbers correctly.
- Recognising numbers 0-10.
- Baking and food tasting activities are an important part of children's learning. Therefore, we would appreciate a weekly contribution of £1 towards the cost of these activities.
- The children will be taking part in lots of fun outdoor learning, please make sure that your child brings a coat to school everyday so they can participate in outdoor activities.
- Your child has been given a book bag labelled with their name. It is important that your child brings their book bag to school every day.
- Please make sure that your child's jumpers, cardigans and coats are name labelled to make sure they can be returned if misplaced.
- 1st of September - Inset Day
- 2nd - 8th of September - Transition Days (half day sessions)
- 8th of September - Teddy Bears' Picnic 11am.
- 9th and 10th of September - Full transition days for all children; 8:40 am - 3:15pm.
- 25th - 29th of October - Half term
- 1st of November - Inset Day.
- 2nd of November - School open for children.