Information regarding school closures
Information regarding possible school closure
As we are approaching the time of year when a heavy snowfall could affect journeys to and from work or school, we are reminding you of the arrangements we have with regards to school closures.
In the event of a school closure due to heavy snow or a utility failure we will inform parents of a closure or delayed opening as soon as we can in a number of ways.
- We will send a message through @summerlanePS on Twitter.
- The first priority parent will also be sent a text message and an email from School Comms.
- School may take the decision to have a delayed opening on days when it is likely that the snow fall will stop or start to thaw. You shall be notified about this through the above communication methods.
- If there is snow during the day, feel free to collect your child as soon as it is convenient.
- Please don’t worry about your child’s attendance due to bad weather as this is authorised and attendance is not affected by a school closure.