Welcome to Class 4!
The adults working in Class 4 are Miss Cook, Mrs Rich, Mrs Pratt (in on a Wednesday morning) and Mrs Wood (teacher trainee) will also be teaching in Class 4 this term. Please come and see us if you have any issues or questions.
'Ancient Egypt' is our very exciting topic this term. In Autumn 1, we will be learning all about the River Nile: where it is, what it was used for and why it is so important for survival in Egypt. Autumn 2 will look at the history of Ancient Egypt and we will be discovering interesting facts about ancient Egyptian gods and goddesses, reading 'The Egyptian Cinderella' and learning about what life was like during ancient Egyptian times.
* We shall be visiting Weston Park Museum, looking at real ancient Egyptian artefacts and taking part in a mummification workshop.
* We have 'Mr Egypt' coming into school for a whole day, doing lots of activities with the children related to ancient Egypt.
* We have been invited to attend a special poppy workshop at Experience Barnsley, to commemorate the 100 year anniversary of World War 1. Here, we will learn about local war heroes and make beautiful wire poppy sculptures.
* Will have a dance teacher coming in to do two dance workshops with the children. They will be learning how to 'dance like an Egyptian!'
* Some of our boys will be taking part in a football competition at Shaw Lane - we wish them the best of luck!
* Our last week of Autumn 1 will be languages week. Our focus language is French, but we would also like to celebrate all the languages that are spoken in Class 4 by inviting children and parents to share something about their mother tongue!
As part of languages week, we will be having a French breakfast in school (parent's are welcome to join in with this) and ending our week with a Eurovision Song competition!
* We have M&M productions coming in to perform their version of 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarves' and we will be completing a piece of writing following on from this performance.
* Year 3 have South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue coming in to school to talk to all the Y3 children about fire safety.
Our P.E days are Mondays and Thursdays. Please bring both indoor (white t-shirt and black shorts) and outdoor kits (jogging bottoms and a warm top). No earrings please and long hair must be tied back.
Autumn 1 will have a focus on multi-skills (throwing, catching, running, jumping, hopping). Autumn 2, we will focus on ball skills (kicking, dribbling, ball control)
Every time your child reads at home, please note this in their reading journal with a signature and a comment if you wish. Children who read 3 times per week, will get 5 dojo points!
Whole School Competition:
From Autumn 2, each week, all reading journals will be collected in, weekly. Every home read that week will count towards the number of whole class reads! Our whole class number of reads will then be passed on to Mr Smith and each class in school will take part in a reading race.
The winner of the weekly reading race will win 10 minutes extra playtime!
The overall winning class (at the end of the year) will win a special prize!